The face of global renewable and clean energy development is constantly changing with increasing environmental awareness and focus, backed by government incentives and emerging technologies.
To stay ahead, Lightsource has formed our own specialist in-house renewable energy and sustainability legal team.
Our international team of experts draw on their significant experience within the renewable energy sector, enabling us to draft, complete and advise quicker, faster and more efficiently than our competitors.
Areas of Focus
- Advising on project development - including: site acquisition, transmission and interconnection agreements, planning, permitting, leasing, partnership structure, construction, equipment agreements, regulatory advisory, EPC and PILOT negotiations, and advisory and operation of infrastructure.
- Advising on workable project finance solutions.
- Advising on the acquisition and divestiture of energy assets and on joint venture and other cooperation arrangements.
- Negotiating power purchase agreements and providing advisory services.
- Advising on project tax issues - including relevant tax credits and other subsidy regimes.
- Advising on environmental issues relating to project development.
- Advising on market rules affecting costs, including ancillary services.
- Advising on mechanisms to facilitate financing of projects, such as synthetic energy hedges and derivatives.
- Providing advice and analysis of national, regional and international policy.
- Advising on national, regional and international regulatory frameworks.
- Advising across biofuels, biomass, carbon capture and storage, geothermal, hydroelectric, landfill gas, solar, waste-to-energy, wave and tidal and wind sector.